Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year's Eve!

It's the end of the 2009 ride and a fun time for reflecting.

We'll be:

Putting out our shoes for the bottom-of-the-bag visit from Santa Claus

Staying up as late as we can with extended family playing and eating.

Making cookies to take to the above eating, playing fest.

Making and eating clam chowder to make it seem as though the coast is not quite so far away. (And of course realizing that it is)
Enjoying each other
One final comment from the mouth of my eldest babe: "I don't like sliding on big slides. It's scary to me." to which I responded, "Yes, but you did it and it wasn't so bad was it?" "Oh yeah, I did."
Looking back on this year there are are things that were scary and/or that we didn't want to do. Now that it's done--you know it wasn't so bad.

No comments: