Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Moment:

I was cleaning/organizing (truly mucking out) our bedroom yesterday.  I have a little corner of it that holds my sewing machine and piles of other things that gravitate toward it.  It gets quite out of control.  I turned around and there was my tiny girl with a small collection of trains playing on my the bed.  She smiled at me and said, "I playing trains."  Then she went back to doing that.  After a bit of cleaning I'd cleared one patch of floor.  She decided it would be a great place to lay down.  She found a pillow and then needed a blanket.  Since I wasn't terribly accommodating she got her own blanket and a book.  She spent the next 20 minutes or so reading books in a little rectangle of sunshine on the floor while I continued my tasks.  That my friends was Heaven: to be close and to be occupied in good things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the heart warming:)
Mai