Saturday, July 4, 2009

Why I love America.

Red, White, Blue
Stars and Stripes Forever and all that other great marching band music
Men and Women risking their lives and sometimes losing them for me in my little corner of the world. This is not just the physical risk, but the emotional and familial loss that sometimes occurs. Thanks to them and to their families.
No machine guns at the airport
A history filled with good and bad, indifference and passion.
Fireworks
So much freedom
Roads to travel
A diversity of beautiful things to see
The National Anthem. I love the story behind it, I love the words, I love the music.
Romantic imagery like cowboys and apple pie


I'm sure there's more but my mental file clerk seems to have gone on vacation. I guess that's only fair. It is America's Birthday after all.

Happy Birthday America.

No comments: