Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Fun Titles for the Kindergarten Set

I've started reading once a week at the school library here.  It's great fun, but I can tell I'm going to run out of titles.  Can you help me?  I want to compile a list of great read-alouds for the kindergarten set. 

So far I've read:
The Happy Hedgehog Band
Frogs Jump
Some miscellaneous poems like
The Jabberwocky by Lewis Carroll
Sing a Song of People by Lois Lensky (which they LOVED and had me read twice.  We were doing a lot of acting out in that one)

Do you have a favorite book that makes you want to move around (or you think you could if you were a little wiggly?)?  I'm looking for books that the kids can form connections to. 
What about poems?
Do you have a favorite?
If you'd be kind enough to share, I'd appreciate it.

No comments: