Friday, April 15, 2011

I have so much to tell you!

We had a bit of a celebration yesterday.   We celebrated the arrival of my favorite person into this world.  It was an especially grand afternoon as we had been away from each other for a couple of days.  We went to the Museum of Church History and Art in downtown Salt Lake City.  They have an incredible (and free) hands on exhibit for kids.  I'll post some pictures soon.  We rode the trax train which was "better than riding Thomas because it was fast!"   Then we stopped in a little valley and had dinner in a diner that was built in the late 1930's.  It was gorgeous and the food was so good.  There is something to be said for local beef.  After dinner we took a short drive up a canyon just to look.  As we were coming back down the canyon we saw, not one, but two cougars/mountain lions (whichever name you prefer to call them).  A Mom and what we surmise was a year old kitten.    We were so excited!  We watched them scale a rock face on the side of the road.  I attempted a picture, but failed miserably.  We were pretty buzzed by the excitement of seeing the big cats.  Then as we went on our way we saw several hundred head of deer in a field along the freeway.  There are times when I bemoan where I live.  When we take some time to look about it reminds me of what a grand place it is.  It may take me a bit to post pictures, but I will.

No comments: