Tuesday, December 28, 2010

For the "Grands" in no particular order, A bit of Christmas

Discussing the baton that he wants for Christmas with Santa.
Santa asked if Mowg wanted it to lead his orchestra.
He was told "No."
 

On Christmas Eve after presents were wrapped the "grumps" at our house
played with the camera and Christmas tree lights.  This is one of my favorites.


Christmas morning coming down stairs
"I stay you Mom."
Tiny was awakened far too early to suit her,
but once we got downstairs all was well.
Sorry my family, waiting can only last so long.

 Back to our visit with Santa--this is as close as Tiny would get.  End of story.

Christmas Eve we were blessed with a lot of wildlife in our backyard.
From our upstairs window we saw a herd of antelope (at least 100 head) skirt the top of our hill.
Prior to that (perhaps it was the day before) this doe (her ears appear here) and her fawn hung out in the back yard.  This is on the fourth tier up from the backyard.  Earlier in the week they'd bedded down on the 2nd tier.  It was so fun to watch them.  To top things off a little cottontail peeked out at the antelope herd as if to say, "What in the world is going on up there?!"


Santa brought some very fun gifts
A guitar for Mowg.


Here's the Mermaid Mowg and I made for Tiny.
We're quite pleased with her.  We got the pattern from
Wee Wonderfuls by Hillary Lang. 
 I can't recommend the book enough. 
If you have basic sewing skills (and not even good ones at that)
you can make very cute toys from her directions.


Here we are discussing the note Santa left and looking at the left over peppermint bark we left him.


This is the only other thing I made this Christmas, but I am so pleased with it.
It was given to Mowg.  He rides it some and carries it about.

 Speaking of Mowg, here he is being a shepherd.  Someone read Luke while the children re-enacted the Christmas Story.  We came home and Mowg repeated it nearly verbatim to me--with a few adjustments in his own words.  It didn't last the day, but his memory of what he hears is phenomenal to me.


A few more Light pictures.
I think this one looks like there are little chomping creatures about.


O Tannenbaum!


Tiny gets a "das my ukulele"
 Playing Jeff Healy style.


The requirements for the baton were "it needs a button and a light on the end."
Santa took another step and added sound.  Lots of conducting fun.


One more shot of this little scottie dog, as I say goodbye.  It just makes me smile.  And up there behind him is the teapot that has fed us for hours on end since its arrival.  So much fun!


1 comment:

SHAKS Watts said...

Very cute dolls! I will definitely check out her book. Happy New Year!