Wednesday, December 7, 2011

I've been doing a little "making" of late too.

This is Tiny's corner where she is "making"
(I couldn't catch her in it as her process entails substantial gathering.)

Here's a block I made for a quilt group.  I had something else in mind, but then I saw a two scraps together.  So I tried.  It's too small.  So now I'm not sure what to do.   Any ideas?
It's about 3 millimeters too small too--OK 1/4" really.  I'm thinking about cutting it down and adding a border in another cream colored fabric.  Note to self--don't think you can experiment when you have a limited amount of fabric.


Now the big deal.  It's done, it's done!  This quilt was inspired by a quilt posted here.  I love how it turned out.  Don't tell Tiny it's done--it's supposed to be for Christmas.  We'll see if I can keep it away from her.  The back (which I forgot to take a picture of) is in the "lellow"  and blue seahorse fabric.


I had it quilted (my first time having someone else do it)
Can you see the seahorses she quilted in the "lellow" stripe?


I'm so excited about it.  Now I can't wait for Christmas either!!

No comments: