Friday, December 2, 2011

December is here and with it comes the return of the deer.


And a new holiday tradition:  One Christmas Book a night until Christmas
I've read about lots of folks who wrap each book, but I didn't want to use the wrapping paper.
That and then there's the time involved.  That's truly the clincher for me.  So I decided to make a fabric envelop and just switch out a book each day.  I started look around for Christmas fabric.  Then I found this bag I'd made some time ago and decided if I added a decoration to a hair band I wouldn't even have to make the envelope.  Here's my bag
(There's a notebook inside that also has a story for each night--a tradition from my childhood.  It will stay in there and a new book will accompany it each night)



I'm pretty pleased with my rummage-through-my-button-box decoration.


Christmas is coming!

1 comment:

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a wonderful tradition and I love the deer outside the window!