Friday, February 12, 2010

"Careful grooming may take twenty years off a woman's age, but you can't fool a flight of stairs." --Marlene Dietrich



I believe that I will laugh every time I read this quote (thanks to Traveling Oma). I have never been a careful groomer. I am a regular tripper down the stairs. I don't fall often, just often enough. Some of those falls have been memorable for their ridiculousness. One particular day comes to mind. I was walking UP the stairs with an armful of books in my high school. I realized I was about to fall. I took my left hand (I was carrying those books in my right) and reached across my body to grab onto the hand rail to steady myself. I managed to flip myself over and end up sprawled on my back books tumbling downstairs as I fell UP. You can not my friends fool stairs. They're tricky devils.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I can totally picture this. I would have to agree with you that you can't fool stairs.