Monday, April 6, 2009

Spring Break Projects

So here's a little of what I did during my Spring Break:

The Grand Collection:


Pinwheels for Baghera:

I loved making these pinwheels. It was like magic when I finished each block. When my dearest one suggested I use a fabric the same color as the light blue in the floral print I was a little exasperated. I'm trying to use fabric I already have rather than buying more. I was sure I would have to buy a fabric in order to match it. Then I decided to look in one of my fabric stash areas that I hadn't looked at in a while. What did I find? The exact color I was looking for. Perfect!

Storybook Panel:

This one matches Baghera's quilt and the blue came from my "old" fabric.
Another perfect match.

John Deere for Mowgli:


I've been collecting fabric for this quilt forever. It was fun to finally put it together. I used a simple technique of sewing two blocks together and then cutting one side open. My dearest one helped me figure out how to put it together so it works. Mowgli kept asking me to play while I was working on it. I would ask if he wanted me to play or work on his quilt. He thought I should work on his quilt. It worked out pretty well for both of us.

A little side note:

None of these quilts are completed. It was sure fun to allow myself to jump from one to another though. Like skipping through a field of flowers with no fear of bees.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I love all of them. I think my favorites (can't pick one) are the pinwheels and the storybook panel. It was fun to see you even if for a few min. Luv ya

Anonymous said...

Thanks Heather!