Thursday, April 9, 2009

The end of spring break

So I picked up another project I'm so excited about. It's editing the transcription of some oral history of some folks in this area. I think I've wanted to do something of this sort for 15 years or more. Ah contribute to the community, use a skill I already have, and learn some local history. I think that's it in a nutshell and have I mentioned.....I'm excited!

So that about wraps up my "spring break" with two exceptions:

One a postcard from the woman whose brainchild it was in the first place. There's nothing quite as neat as getting "snail mail".

Second is a fun visit to my sister's house. Why is it that doing someone else's housework is so much more rewarding than doing your own? I don't know, but it's true and it was great to get some stuff down to her. It was also fun to drive through one of the old college towns and remember as we drove through. It's funny the things that pop into your mind as you drive a once familiar street that looks and feels not quite so famliar anymore.

Fun times.

No comments: