Monday, November 9, 2009

I'm thankful for Thankful Turkey and being able to adjust when things aren't where I think they should be.

The story: Thinking about getting our Thankful Turkey made I look around and realize that I must have thrown away the kleenex box that I was going to use. My sister shares her formula can idea--I can adjust (and I have cans! See honey, I don't just collect them once in a while I actually use one.). I'm getting stuff together to really finally do it and I discover that I have no construction paper. Adjustment: We color white paper and draw hands and cut them out of that. Luckily I was able to find the turkey head that dear Lizzie drew for me years ago. Whew! No adjustments there. Then it was magical the boyo didn't stop rapid fire telling me what he was thankful for for about 10 minutes. I still have writers cramp. It was so delightful to have him tell me as I wrote them down. There was no prompting outside of "What are you thankful for?" No examples. Nothing. Just lots and lots of gratitude. I love that!

No comments: