Friday, November 9, 2018

Honeycomb I-Spy Pink Quilt Complete!


I hand quilted all of the hexagons and machine quilted everything else.


You can tell it's been waiting a long time by the crease in the middle.  I'm so excited that it's finally done.  This is for one of my nieces and when I first started making it her favorite color was pink.  Then it changed to dark dark blue.  Thank goodness they look good together.   This pattern used to be a free pattern by Quilts with a Twist.  I had made their I Spy With A Twist Pattern for a nephew that she lived near and she always claimed that quilt when she went to visit.  So I decided I needed to make her her own version.  I love how it turned out.  I'm a machine quiltling so I was very nervous, unsure if I would ruin the quilt after all the time I'd invested in it but it worked!
Here's a link to the I Spy Pattern if you're interested:  I Spy With a Twist
They no long have this pattern available on their site that I could find.

Making Progress........

No comments: