Sunday, December 29, 2019

Art Cards from Alaska

This is my second finish!  Both of these I finished just before they were gifted.  This one's been in the stack only a year or so, but it still felt great to finish it!  This one was for my Mom.  It's my adaptation of the quilt pattern Postcards from Hawaii (http://www.quiltpassions.net/shop/c/p/Postcards-from-Hawaii-by-Lisa-Boyer.htm)

I changed the "postcards" to 5X7 Cards, which represents how my Mom collects art--through cards.  I also changed the orientation as most of the fabric worked better this way.  
The fabric is a collection of Alaska fabric and just things that remind me of her or things she does and/or loves.





Here it is in it's new home:


She liked it!


I didn't get the back of this one either and it is a wonderful Masha D'Yans Umbrella Print from the Spring Umbrellas line.  I got it quite a long time ago to use in a quilt for her so it's fun to have it in a quilt!
So that makes TWO  of the bigger quilts on my list completed.  That feels pretty good and now I'm feeling like I should keep going so here's to 2020 being the year of finishes!





1 comment:

Naomi said...

It's awesome!! You do such amazing work. Thanks for the fun ideas!!❤️